Wine Club Terms & Conditions
Please read the following carefully.
By clicking <Join Now> on the Membership Application, you acknowledge and agree that you have read these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”), understand them, and agree to be legally bound by them.
If you have any questions with respect to these Terms, please ask a staff member or contact our restaurant at (360) 678-0800. Your acceptance of these Terms creates a binding contract governing the terms of your membership in the Ciao Wine Club (the “Club”) and no other statements, representations, materials or related information will alter or amend these Terms, except as specifically referenced in these Terms and such revisions to these Terms instituted by Ciao Food and Wine as in accordance with these Terms.
- Membership Benefits; Accounts – Subject to such limitations and exceptions as applicable, including as otherwise set forth in these Terms, Club members are entitled to receive the selected monthly wines (or such other designated wines as applicable to the particular membership of the member) and additional Club member benefits as provided from time to time by Ciao Food and Wine. The member benefits are presented in more detail on the Wine Club page at Ciao Food and Wine’s website located at ciao.store or ciao.wine (the “Website”). Only individuals, and not corporations or businesses, are eligible to enroll as members. Only one person can be enrolled per Club membership, and accounts under the same name and address will automatically be combined. Notwithstanding anything published to the contrary with respect to Club benefits, not all Club membership benefits are the same for all members, and some special promotional offers, benefits and communications may be based on geographic location, Club participation, information supplied by the member or the volume or type of purchases made by a member. You must input your Wine Club membership with every transaction in order to assure accurate tracking of your membership benefits. In order to be eligible for membership benefits your account must be (1) open, (2) in good standing and (3) current membership fees must have been paid. Abuse of Club membership (for example, by failing to follow the Terms, allowing others to use your membership number or other improper conduct as determined by Ciao Food and Wine in its sole discretion) may result in termination of your membership and disqualify you from future Club participation. In the event of any issues or discrepancies regarding membership benefits, Ciao Food and Wine must be notified within 90 days of your original transaction by calling (360) 678-0800.
- Monthly Wine Availability – All Club members acknowledge that the selected monthly wines provided to Club members are limited in quantities and may not always be available at the time of your pick-up or delivery, especially in the event that you do not pick up your wine in the month for which such wine was offered. In all cases, Ciao Food and Wine, in its sole discretion, may substitute other wine for any wine that is no longer reasonably available, without any adjustment or refund. In addition, certain Club members may select and receive available alternative wine varieties different from the monthly selected wine based on Club membership as set forth on the Website.
- Fees – All fees for Club memberships and associated charges, such as shipping charges and other related charges, are automatically billed to your credit card. The wine is shipped on a monthly basis and fees are charged on the fourth Tuesday of the month preceding the month when the wine is available for pickup. If you have purchased a gift membership, the fees for the entire period of the gift membership are charged up-front. All fees charged, including for gift memberships, are non-refundable except as expressly set forth in these Terms. Notwithstanding when fees are billed to a member, all Club benefits are activated promptly following registration in the Club, except that a member will not receive his or her monthly wine(s) until the next month after registration.
- Membership Term, Changes and Renewal – All memberships, except for gift memberships which last for the specified term of the gift membership purchased, are on a month to month basis, and your membership automatically renews each month on the fourth Tuesday of the month preceding the month when the wine is available for pickup (“charge out date”). If you wish to cancel your membership, you must let us know at least three (3) days before the charge out date of the month preceding the month for which your cancellation is to be effective, and any fees already charged for any membership, including any quarterly fees, are non-refundable. In addition, it is your responsibility to inform Ciao Food and Wine of any changes to your membership record and information. Changes to your membership account and information, other than cancellations, may be submitted in person or by calling (360) 678-0800. All cancellations may only be submitted in person or by calling (360) 678-0800. All changes, including cancellations, must be received at least three (3) days prior to any charge or shipment in order to be effective to avoid that charge or shipment. Fees will be due for any cancellations or changes not submitted prior to the Club’s processing time for a particular charge or shipment, as specified above.
- Limitations; Legal Compliance – Member discounts and benefits are not valid with other special offers or discounts offered by our stores. Member benefits are non-transferable. All goods, services and benefits provided by Ciao Food and Wine, including wines, are only provided and/or shipped to such states in which Ciao Food and Wine is licensed to provide such goods, services and benefits. Ciao Food and Wine is not engaged in the shipping or importing of wines or other products into or from any state, country or other jurisdiction where it is not so licensed. Membership in the Club is void where prohibited, and by joining the Club, you represent that your membership in the Club and receipt and use of any goods, services or other items received through the Club does not and will not violate any applicable law or regulation. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including without limitation, laws governing the possession and use of wine and alcoholic beverages. If any product is requested to be provided in or shipped to any state where Ciao Food and Wine is not appropriately licensed, Ciao Food and Wine can refuse such shipment. Wines will be provided or delivered only to persons who are at least 21 years old. In joining the Club, you represent to Ciao Food and Wine that you are at least 21 years old and the person to whom delivery of any wine will be made. When your wine is picked up or delivered, the person receiving the product will be required to show identification proving Club membership and that he or she is at least 21 years old. Wines provided or delivered by the Club are not for resale and are for personal consumption only. Ciao Food and Wine has the right to terminate or suspend the Club, or your membership in the Club, at any time and for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, following a change in law.
- Damage During Shipment – If you have selected the option of shipment of your wine to you, there is no available return or exchange for shipped wines except as set forth in this paragraph. Wine is a delicate and perishable commodity, and if your wine is being shipped, conditions outside of the control of Ciao Food and Wine may adversely affect the wine during shipment. If your wine, at the time of delivery, is received damaged, spoiled or otherwise defective, you may contact us regarding the damage and Ciao Food and Wine may, in its discretion and based on the particular conditions of each such circumstance, send a replacement in exchange, which is your sole and exclusive remedy for damaged or defective product. Ciao Food and Wine will not refund shipping charges, and additional shipping and other charges will apply to deliveries to you that are returned as undeliverable or refused.
- Unavoidable Delay – In the event of any circumstances outside of the control of Ciao Food Wine and which prevent, hinder or delay Ciao Food and Wine from performing its obligations, including but not limited to acts of God, earthquake, flood, severe weather conditions, or other natural calamity, strikes, insurrection or acts of terror, governmental action or inaction, including delays or failure to issue permits and authorizations or an inability to obtain supply and materials or means of shipping, Ciao Food and Wine’s obligations will be suspended for the term of such event or Ciao Food and Wine may elect to cancel the Club or Club membership for the affected members.
- Changes in Shipping; Changes in Law – Shipping costs will vary by state and location and may be changed by Ciao Food and Wine from time to time. In addition, due to the ever-changing nature of alcohol and other wine related laws, we may, from time to time, be advised that we are not able to complete delivery of a wine or ship wine to you. If we are unable to ship your wine to you, we will offer you the option to change your membership to an in-store pick up membership and you can pick up your wines at our Coupeville restaurant. If that is not agreeable, you may cancel your membership in accordance with Section 4, above, and you may receive a refund of any membership fees paid for wine that we are not able to ship to you based on such a change in laws. In addition to changes in shipping charges, taxes and other related charges may change or may vary between states and locations, and retail wine prices and discounts will differ and vary from those related to wines provided by way of Club membership. Sales tax may also vary and Ciao Food and Wine collects sales tax as required by various local and state taxing authorities. For sales tax purposes, the value for each bottle of wine provided by way of Club membership is $4.00, and membership fees and other membership benefits and imputed sales tax comprise the balance of the fees collected.
- Disclaimer – YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR MEMBERSHIP IN THE CLUB, THE GOODS AND SERVICES PROVIDED BY CIAO FOOD AND WINE AND ALL OTHER BENEFITS RELATED TO THE CLUB ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. CIAO FOOD AND WINE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND THE WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CIAO FOOD AND WINE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR MEMBERSHIP IN THE CLUB OR ANY GOODS, SERVICES OR BENEFITS YOU RECEIVE OR FAIL TO RECEIVE FROM THE CLUB, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT CIAO FOOD AND WINE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. By joining the Club, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Ciao Food and Wine and its affiliates, and their respective owners, officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, from and against any and all losses, claims, damages, costs and expenses related to your misrepresentation as to any information provided to the Club, your breach of any of these Terms or any misuse of any goods, services or other benefits of Club membership.
- Personal Information – Ciao Food and Wine requires certain personal information from you to verify and administer your Club membership, and you agree that you have freely provided that information. Any personally identifying information you provide to Ciao Food and Wine or affiliated companies may be used for our internal business and for account management, customer service and related purposes; however, your personally identifying information will not be sold, licensed or disclosed to any parties other than Ciao Food and Wine’s affiliates. You authorize Ciao Food and Wine to send you marketing communications and special offers as part of your membership benefits. To change your Marketing Preferences, please visit the Member Information page available under the Wine Club tab on the Website. Notwithstanding any other statements or representations contained here or elsewhere, Ciao Food and Wine reserves its right to disclose any information in its possession if it is required to do so by law or legal process, or if it believes, in good faith, that such a disclosure is necessary to comply with law or legal process, to defend its rights or to respond to an emergency situation. If you are concerned about the information you have provided to Ciao Food and Wine, or have any questions regarding the retention of that information, please visit the Member Information page available under the Wine Club tab on the Website or contact Member Services at (360) 678-0800. Ciao Food and Wine will make reasonable efforts to resolve any concerns.
- Miscellaneous – If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Ciao Food and Wine with respect to your membership in the Club and the goods, services and benefits provided by Ciao Food and Wine and related to the Club.
Change in Terms – These Terms shall remain in full force and effect while you are a member of the Club, and only Ciao Food and Wine may, in its sole discretion, modify the Terms or add or delete any of the Membership rules, conditions, benefits or rewards, in whole or in part. Ciao Food and Wine may make any such changes at any time, with or without notice, even though such changes may affect the value of frequent diner points already accumulated, the value of the rewards and/or the time of redemptions. Provided, however, that any revision shall not apply to disputes of which Ciao Food and Wine had notice on or before the date the change or revision is instituted. To review the most recent version of these Terms, please regularly visit the Wine Club Terms & Conditions page on the Website.